About Dubai Creek Harbour (DCH)
Dubai Creek Harbour – formerly known as The Lagoons that was launched in 2006 – is a large, master-planned water-front development along Ras Al Khor Road. DCH represents a joint venture between Dubai Holding and Emaar Properties which was formed in 2013 capitalising on their core strengths to develop a financially viable and ecologically responsible community in which to live, work and play. Dubai Creek Harbour is also the site of The Tower, which will be the tallest building in Dubai when completed in 2020. Presently, almost all the construrction is concentrated on the Island District.
Located next to Ras Al Khor wildlife sanctuary, a home to an abundance of native flora and fauna, Dubai Creek Harbour aims to bring harmony between responsible city living and creating an awareness of sustainable biodiversity.
The first residential destination on the Dubai Creek development, will be Dubai Creek Residences, which will house over 4,000 residents by 2019.
Dubai Creek Harbour offers a truly mixed-use development with waterfront eco-resorts, a marina and yacht club, apartments, hotels, hotel serviced apartments, commercial and retail space will all inter-mingle with cultural, leisure and educational amenities, all creating an aspirational mixed-use development for generations to enjoy.
Furthering this mixed-use development, at the heart of Dubai Creek Harbour, is Dubai Square, where technological innovation permeates every aspect of this ‘omnichannel retailing’. Through the extensive retail choices, unique dining concepts and world-class leisure attractions, where customers can shop predominately via mobiles or at a retail store.
Dubai Creek Harbour is no ordinary development; it is a metropolis within itself which will be developed over a period of 15 – 20 years. At the center of the development is where Dubai’s new tallest structure will rise (The Tower at Dubai Creek Harbour)
The Island District is currently connected to the mainland but will eventually become an Island connected to the ‘mainland’ by at least three bridges as per the master-plan.
The demand from investors and end-users alike for DCH is high due to the potential for capital appreciation in the next few years, as the case with Dubai Marina which experienced such growth from when it was launched to when it was completed. This is because of:
- The major public transport network in and around DCH including the Dubai Metro.
- Featuring the world’s tallest tower which is estimated to be completed in 2020.
- Hosting the largest mall in the world – expected to be twice the size of Dubai Mall.
- Featuring waterfront lifestyle with boardwalks, corniche, and high-end stores and cafes lined along the boulevard.
- Being in close proximity to major landmarks such as Dubai International Airport, Deira and Bur Dubai, Downtown Dubai, Business Bay, and DIFC.
Neighbourhoods and Landmarks
- Dubai Festival City
- The world’s tallest tower – The Tower at DCH
- The world’s largest Shopping Mall
- Property Types: Apartments, Hotels, Hotel Serviced Apartments, Commercial and Retail Shops
- Location: Dubai Creek Harbour
- Status: Under Construction
- Year Launched: 2014
- Estimated Completion Date: Varies
- Developer: Dubai Holding and Emaar Properties
- Title Type: Freehold
- Quality Classification: High-end
- Life Cycle: Under Construction